Our team have been assisting with design, method and construction of one, two and three level basements for residential and commercial projects for 20 years, using a range of techniques to complete each project. We have:
- Perfected specialised retention techniques including a steel wall system which is installed without vibration prior to excavation. The system includes the temporary and permanent wall with a very narrow profile and an attractive high spec finish.
- Imported the DRCFA technology halves the standard piling tolerances currently assumed in the industry. The DRCFA system is fast and accurate.
- Completed a number of basements using top down or partial top-down methodologies.
- Constructed several basements using prop and berm techniques.
- Imported German-built leader rigs with high-spec vibro tools allowing variable speed and variable moment adjustments during installation minimising vibration influence away from the site.
The issues and methods to consider when planning a basement development can be many and complex and comprise all or part of the following:
- Noise and vibration.
- Traffic management.
- Deflection limits for retaining structures in respect of both compliance and actual site conditions.
- Ground water levels and ground permeability trigger the need to consider drawdown settlement, flooding issues, whether to fully tank, drain or partially drain basements.
“We can provide our clients with a range of costs, depending on strength of the soil and height of the water table and can construct a range of basements from palisade to secant walls – depending on the geology and neighbours. CLL knows basement developments inside-out and advises the best solutions right from an early stage.”
— Terry Donnelly